REGISTRATION FOR THE 2017 SI IS SPACE-AVAILABLE.
To be added to the waitlist, please email Executive Director Melanie Larson at email@example.com.
Please include the following:
1. Track you are interested in.
2. Number of people in your team wanting to register.
3. Email and phone number to reach you.
The 2017 SI has two tracks in assessment, one offering guidance for assessment teams working campus-wide, and another for individual faculty member at the course-level.
Track I, TRADITIONAL NEean SI: Annual Assessment Institute (AAI)
Traditional Assessment Track. This track supports college and university faculty and administrators as they strengthen their assessment efforts and link campus assessment processes with curriculum design, delivery, improvement, and accreditation expectations. Time is given during the two days for institution team meetings to discuss and refine assessment plans, so this track is a powerful retreat from everyday distractions. This track is recommended for campus teams of two or more administrators and/or faculty who want to:
● Better coordinate campus or department assessment efforts;
● Strengthen program-level, institutional-level or general-education assessment plans; and
● Prepare effectively for upcoming accreditation visits and respond to recommendations of accreditors.
Track II, NEW for 2017: Assessment of Learning in Courses (ALC).
Deeper Dive Assessment of Learning in Courses. In your course, what are the primary concerns you have about student learning? Would you like to explain what you expect for learning with greater clarity? Have any of your assignments or tests left you wondering whether students actually learned what you taught? NEean offers a faculty member’s deeper dive which emerges by collaborating with faculty members from across New England. For this workshop, bring an outline or syllabus and a major assignment or exam to work on together. This track is recommended for faculty members who want to:
● Be clear about their expectations for students, with measurable learning objectives, and
● Ensure assignments correspond to their expectations…so that students demonstrate achievement of those learning expectations.
The NEean Deeper Dive, Assessment of Learning in Courses track offers an inspiring and resourceful retreat during which you can focus upon assessing learning as it takes place in your course, and you can collaborate with others who have similar goals for their courses.
Institute registration does not include lodging. Attendees may book rooms at the Hotel Indigo for the conference rate of $180/night. Reservations must be made prior to May 5, 2017 to receive this special event rate. Reservations with the special conference rate can be made online here or by calling 866.246.3446 and mentioning the code "NEEAN"
A list of other area hotels, (close, but not within walking distance to campus) is available here.